Board Meeting Dates
2016 MCTM Executive Board Meeting Schedule
Board members will receive a reminder email prior to the meeting, including how to join the meeting via teleconference if they cannot be present in person. This information remains constant meeting to meeting, so please make a note of the on-line access information.
- January 29-30, 2016
- March 12, 2016
- April 16, 2016
- June 4, 2016
- July 26-28, 2016 Annual Meeting at MCTM Conference!
- Fall Retreat - September / October
- November 12, 2016
Board Meeting Minutes
MCTM meeting minutes are available here.
Meeting Dates for Executive Board Meetings
- January 29 - 30, 2016
- November 21, 2015
- September 26, 2015
- August 5, 2015 (Annual Conference)
- June 27, 2015
- May 16, 2015
- March 14, 2015
- January 31, 2015
2016 MCTM Board Members
Kathy Berry, President and
Contracted Services Committee Chair
Monroe County Intermediate School District
Dr. Irene Norde', Past-President
Detroit Public Schools
Rusty Anderson, Secretary
Robert Cooper, Treasurer
Midland Public Schools
Amended March 9, 2013
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics, hereafter referred to as the Council.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSES
The purpose of the Council shall be
- to encourage an active interest in mathematics and its teachings, and to work toward the improvement of mathematics education programs in Michigan.
- to provide a medium for exchange of views and facts about current problems, techniques, and experimental programs in the teaching of mathematics.
- to further cooperative experimentation and study of problems related to the teaching of mathematics of all levels; and to assist in the development, coordination and carrying out of a sustained program for improving instruction in mathematics through the provision of such aids as meetings, bulletins, research studies, and information services.
- to encourage and assist other state and national organizations concerned with mathematics education at all levels.
MCTM uses a committee structure to facilitate the work of the organization. Active committees are listed below.
- Annual Conference
- Contracted Services
- Nominations & Elections
- Policies, Practices and Procedures
- Professional Development
- Scholarship Endowment Fund
A roster of committee chairs and members may be downloaded here (PDF).
Purpose of Website
The purpose of this website is to promote and enhance the public image of the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM). This website also supports the Mission of MCTM by:
- providing easy access to membership services and resources
- promoting the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics as a quality professional development provider for mathematics education