Call for Speaker Proposals
68th MCTM Annual Conference
July 25-27, 2017
TCAPS - Central High School, Traverse City, Michigan
The Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics is looking for speakers to share their expertise with colleagues at the 2017 MCTM Annual Conference.
We are seeking proposals on a variety of topics of interest. We have several strands this year that we are especially interested in having quality sessions:
- STEM/ STEAM
- Formative Assessment
- Meeting the needs of accelerated/ advanced students
- Meeting the needs of struggling students
- Integrating technology/ robotics/ computer science
- Coaches / consultants
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, then you should submit a proposal to present at this year’s conference.
- Do you have strategies that help incorporate other academic disciplines into the mathematics curriculum?
- Do you have expertise on how to create and implement an integrated, multi-disciplined curriculum?
- Do you bring relevant, real world applications into the classroom?
- Do you incorporate technology into your classroom in a way that expands students understanding of mathematics?
- Do you have ways to leverage technology that helps improve both your students’ skills and your understanding of your students’ gaps?
Please consider sharing your knowledge and ideas with Michigan teachers this summer in Traverse City. The proposal deadline has been extended through March 25, 2017. The online speaker proposal is now available at http://www.mictm.org/cgi-bin/rws5.pl?FORM=speaker_form_2017.
Lead presenters receive a complimentary conference registration. This year, that will include keynote addresses by Margaret Heritage on Formative Assessment and Jason Zimba, a lead writer of the CCSSM. There will also be a wide variety of break-out sessions and vendor booths plus evenings at leisure in relaxing Traverse City, Michigan.
We look forward to hearing from you.