Register for the 68th Annual - MCTM Institute and Conference at TCAPS - West Senior High School.
The Institutes will begin on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 with the two day Conference following on Wednesday and Thursday, July 26-27, 2017. We are looking forward to this exciting event and hope that you will come join us this summer.
Conference Information and Registration
Online registration is now open. MCTM is honored to host Margaret Heritage and Jason Zimba as our two Keynote Speakers at the 2017 Conference.
Pricing for the 2017 Conference is listed below:
Late fee after July 12 - $25.00
The arrangements for the 2017 MCTM Institute is currently being finalized! MCTM is proud to announce the Institute speakers are: Margaret Heritage, Jason Zimba, Kristen Bieda, Joe Krajcik and Kate Fanelli.
MCTM Speaker Proposals - proposal window is now open
The 2017 MCTM Conference Committee is seeking proposals for sessions at the conference in July. Anyone interested in submitting a proposal should read the Call for Speaker Proposal notice.
The sessions descriptions for the sessions will be available in April 2017.
Lodging and Attractions
For more information, please contact the MCTM Office at 734-477-0421.
Call for Speaker Proposals
68th MCTM Annual Conference
July 25-27, 2017
TCAPS - Central High School, Traverse City, Michigan
The Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics is looking for speakers to share their expertise with colleagues at the 2017 MCTM Annual Conference.
We are seeking proposals on a variety of topics of interest. We have several strands this year that we are especially interested in having quality sessions:
- STEM/ STEAM
- Formative Assessment
- Meeting the needs of accelerated/ advanced students
- Meeting the needs of struggling students
- Integrating technology/ robotics/ computer science
- Coaches / consultants
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, then you should submit a proposal to present at this year’s conference.
- Do you have strategies that help incorporate other academic disciplines into the mathematics curriculum?
- Do you have expertise on how to create and implement an integrated, multi-disciplined curriculum?
- Do you bring relevant, real world applications into the classroom?
- Do you incorporate technology into your classroom in a way that expands students understanding of mathematics?
- Do you have ways to leverage technology that helps improve both your students’ skills and your understanding of your students’ gaps?
Please consider sharing your knowledge and ideas with Michigan teachers this summer in Traverse City. The proposal deadline has been extended through March 25, 2017. The online speaker proposal is now available at http://www.mictm.org/cgi-bin/rws5.pl?FORM=speaker_form_2017.
Lead presenters receive a complimentary conference registration. This year, that will include keynote addresses by Margaret Heritage on Formative Assessment and Jason Zimba, a lead writer of the CCSSM. There will also be a wide variety of break-out sessions and vendor booths plus evenings at leisure in relaxing Traverse City, Michigan.
We look forward to hearing from you.